If you have the expectation that city council meetings consist of mostly boring city council members listening to mostly boring topics, you would be absolutely correct. Yes occasionally a council member will throw another council member under the bus, or someone will make foolish remarks which are recorded on video for eternity, or someone will doze off at the dais, or look goofy on the Zoom platform, but for the most part meetings are boring.
However there are those of us who are attracted to boring, including myself, though a good-old-fashioned bar-room brawl behind the dais would liven up the festivities for the evening. Unfortunately COVID-19 eliminates that possibility.
So for now, all we can do is watch Naperville city council meetings via the Zoom platform. If you are interested in how to go about watching council meetings, or making a comment, and what the rules are, the following information from the city website will tell you all you need to know.
Here is what I will be looking for during this Tuesday night’s meeting:
- Has Kevin Coyne finally had a haircut?
- Has Judy Brodhead moved one single book from her book shelves?
- How many pictures behind her has Patty Gustin replaced with pictures of herself?
- Has Paul Hinterlong changed the angle of his camera to reduce the size of his nostrils?
- Has Pat Kelly finally replaced his clone with himself?
- Has John Krummen finally utilized the empty shelving behind himself?
- Has Theresa Sullivan turned the world globe behind herself to something other than China?
- Is Benny White still sitting in the basement of a funeral home?
- Can Mayor Steve Chirico still withhold his inner rage towards council members with their silly comments?
- And what’s the deal with all the stuff behind city manager Doug Krieger; is he moving in or moving out?
- And finally what’s up with Naperville city attorney Mike DiSanto; why is he always getting up and down, and looking over his shoulder?
Looks like you can expect another fun time with the city council this coming Tuesday night.