Finally, another reason, three in fact, to pack the kids in the car and come to Naperville; three pot shops are on the horizon. It doesn’t get any better than that, unless of course, there were four or more. It’s probably just a matter of time. Pot shops popping up like Starbucks with drive-thru windows. What do the kids want today, maybe some yummy, gummy-peach-praline-pot-pops. Think of the possibilities.
Now that the nine-member Naperville city council has approved the addition of three recreational pot shops, three companies have submitted applications. Tentative locations include ZenLeaf at 1516 N. Naper Blvd., PDI Medical which is an affiliate of Cresco Labs doing business as Sunrise which would be located at 2740 W. 75th St. near Rt. 59, and Green Thumb Industries which already is doing business (3C Compassionate Care Centers) in northwest Naperville as the only medical cannabis dispensary located at 1700 Quincy Avenue. The location would be remodeled to accommodate both medical and recreational with the new name ‘Rise’ as in getting high.
Green Thumb Industries has the distinct advantage of already establishing a track record of doing business in Naperville. However that advantage, is also a disadvantage for the same reason; their track record, which leaves much to be desired.
Watchdog decided to ask medical-card-carrying 3-C customers how the process of obtaining medical cannabis is working with 3-C and here are some of the comments:
- Very long wait times
- Mistakes in the order
- Sale prices not reflected in receipt, hence overcharged
- Items out of stock
- High employee turnover
- Diminishing quality of product
- Online ordering not efficient
- Continuity of product, items once available, no longer available
- Items provided substituted for items ordered
- Twist and turn containers not opening when twisting and turning
- Ordering off a list without seeing what you’re considering buying
- Can’t look at the purchased items until off the property, hence if order is incorrect, it becomes, ‘he said, she said’
- If you call, you typically get a recording, without talking to a person
- Unable to reach person-in-charge
That is a huge list of missed opportunities for a company looking to expand in Naperville.